For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Friday, May 8, 2009

Prayer Answered!

Thank you so much to those of you who prayed for my Dad yesterday! I went to the hospital last night to spend some time with my Mom and see how Dad was doing. He came out of surgery just shortly after I got there, and after about an hour in recovery he was moved to his room and we were able to see him. He looked GOOD! Seriously good! He was pretty funny on drugs though. He made a comment about the clock being upside down and he said, "Amy! You're here!" three times, but he quickly became more lucid and was soon begging for ice cream and candy. That's my dad! lol The doctor talked to my mom and said that they would have him up on his feet sometime before midnight last night, and that he'd most likely go home late this afternoon.

9 comments:

Christa said...

Hooray! I'm glad your dad is doing so well.

Dawna said...

So glad that your dad is doing well! I know times like that are scary and mentally exhausting. It's feels great when you can finally breathe a sigh of relief!

Brooke said...

that's great to here!!

Annie*s Granny said...

YIPEE! I knew it! Give him extra hugs, OK?

monica said...

Oh that is such happy news! Here's to a speedy recovery!

Helene said...

That's wonderful!! I hope he continues to recover well!

When you have a chance, be sure to stop by my blog and check out the fun art contest/giveaway I'm hosting this week. Knowing you, you could probably come up with some really cute art projects for your girls to showcase or even one of your wonderful recipes!!!

Stacy said...

I'm so glad he is doing good. {{hugs}}

Katie said...

SO good to hear!

Mozi Esme said...

I'm so glad things went well!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin