For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Way Back When-endsday! Grandpa & Great-Grandma



When: July 2007
Who: The girls with my dad & his mom

My dad LOVES babies! He seriously can't get enough of them. He's always the first one to notice the cute baby at the grocery store, and that weird guy who comes up to people to oogle at their newborn. So needless to say he was OVER THE MOON when he found out I was pregnant with twins. And he very much loves being a grandpa!

My grandma also had fraternal twin girls! (And oh yeah, at the time she had 3 young boys as well, all under the age of 5... I seriously don't know how she did it! She's an amazing role model for me!) So when she was scheduled for a trip down to California to visit her sister 6 weeks before my due date she made me promise, "Don't have those babies while I'm gone!!" Sorry Grandma! They were of course born the day after she left. She was gone for 3 weeks, so she wasn't able to meet the girls until she came back. And that's when these pictures were taken. Now every time I take the girls to see her at her assisted living home (she's gonna be 93 in August and is still up and around and sharp as a tack) she is VERY proud to introduce us to everyone, "This is my granddaughter Amy. She has twin girls, just like me!"

I'm the only one out of ALL my cousins (and in a large family, there are a ton of us) who has had twins. They all think it's super hilarious. I think they're just jealous. :P

For more Way Back fun visit Cheryl over at Twinfatuation!

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Twins run in my husband's family, and I am scared!

Annie said...

In my family also twins run plus IVF, more chances. Now here I am with twins. I love them.

I like your story about your grandma. Adorable picture.

Brooke said...

grandparents are such a blessing! :)

SouthernDogwoods said...

Aww, How sweet! I love that! My girls are the only grandkids for my parents so my parents love to spoil them!

monica said...

What a great picture! I love grandparents that are so involved in grandchildren's lives!

Helene said...

That is so bizarre that you're the only in your family with twins! Twins run in my family too on my mom's side and we always figured it would be my sister who ended up with twins....not me, with two sets!!!!

My paternal grandma is also 93 and sharp as a tack! It amazes me how well she's doing...she's fiercely independent and still lives by herself in her own apt. I can only hope to be in that good of condition when I'm her age!!

The picture is beautiful....you can tell your dad is so excited! I wish my dad loved babies like yours does. My dad was confused when my little twins turned 1 and they weren't potty trained yet.

Jen said...

look at your sweet babies. my how time flies.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i adore that picture, what itty bitties the girls were!

Cheryl Lage said...

Jealous indeed! (Who wouldn't be? Those are some darling babes and some EXTRA happy g-parents!)

Happy Way Back When-esday...thank you for playing along!

Mamí♥Picture said...

aww, super cute picture, they were so tiny and adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww that is so sweet, can you imagine having twins back in the day. Not knowing it was twins, I can't imagine not being prepared, eek!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin