For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Things I Love Thursday: Ecco Yucatan Sandals



I haven't participated in Things I Love Thursday in a while, but today I have something that I just HAD to share! And for the record, this company doesn't even know I exist, and certainly hasn't given me any free samples or anything to giveaway. But they are seriously SO awesome that I would sing their praises till the end of time for no reimbursement whatsoever.

Today I'm gonna share with you my new kicks that I bought a couple months ago.



They are the Ecco Yucatan Sandal!

They are by far the most comfortable sandal I've ever owned. I wear them shopping, I wear them out in my yard, I wear them to walk the girls down the street, and although I haven't had the opportunity I'd certainly wear them all day long to a theme park or to take a 5 mile hike. Yes, they are THAT comfortable!!

They come in a wide variety of colors, but I'm boring, so mine are brown. But I LOVE brown because it goes with everything.

Here's what mine look like (after all-day, daily use for 2 months). WARNING: Mine are dirty and need a bath of some sort. I'm just not sure how to clean them without ruining them (because I CANNOT ruin these wonderful sandals! I'm not sure how I'd function without them anymore).





Only downside of these sandals? Because I do wear them every day, and I'm spending as much time outside in this beautiful weather as possible, I've developed quite an interesting tan line!





Yup, I now look like a total dork when I take them off. Which is why I must keep them on at all times! lol I've gotten lots of great compliments on my lovely bare feet. Hee hee!

But honestly, I'm beyond the age of caring about such things. I also have a lovely farmer's tan, but I'm ok with it. Because I'm a farmer. lol

Now I will say that these are also the most expensive sandals I've ever purchased. They chime in around $120. Ouch! But I only buy sandals about once every 5 years (I purchased my last pair 7 years ago for my honeymoon!), so to me they're an investment. And given their high quality I'm certain that they'll last me for at least 5 years if not more. Plus I'll have the added bonus of no blisters or raw spots on my feet due to less comfortable sandals that don't fit me nearly as well.

And if any PR person from Ecco happens to stop by, please say hello! Me and my feet would LOVE to thank you for saving us from another summer in less comfortable footwear!

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

These remind me of when everyone was wearing Tivas! I haven't worn shoes like this in a very long time.

Denise said...

They look really comfy.

Liz Harrell said...

Those shoes look great...and I think your tan line has character. :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin