For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Monday, March 2, 2009

Things Hubs Buys at Costco

If you're looking for Mystery Spice Monday you can find it HERE.


Hubs LOVES Costco. And thanks to the fact that we only have one Costco card in the house, and it's his, he gets to go there about once a month. Usually he gets to go by himself. Which is great for me, because I hate Costco. And great for him too, it means he can buy pretty much whatever he wants without me standing at his side saying things like, "But do we really NEED that??"

Before the girls arrived we used to go there together, it was kind of like a date! We'd take our time, walking up and down each isle, nibbling on free samples, discussing the merits of owning our very own power washer or some other unnecessary gadget. And every time we'd go, the moment we walked in the door, Hubs would be dazzled by all those pretty big screen TV's. While I was pregnant I would guess about 90% of our conversations would start out, "You know what would look REALLY good up there above the fireplace?..." "Hmm... let me guess... a big screen TV?" "Yeah!!!"

Towards the end of my pregnancy I pretty much was incapacitated, so Hubs started going to Costco by himself. And every time he'd walk out the door I'd yell, "Just don't come back with a TV!!"

This went on for months...

And then about a month after the girls were born we came into some money. My father in law had passed away the year before, and the courts finally released the funds from his estate.

I continued my anti-big screen protest, but eventually in my sleep deprived new motherhood state I forgot to yell after him one day. And of course that one day Hubs came home with his coveted TV and spent the next 8 hours installing it.

Since then I've actually also fallen in love with the TV... but part of me still thinks I'd rather have new bedroom furniture. lol

Anyway... it's become a joke at our house, and sometimes as a cute little reminder to keep his spending habits in check I yell after him, "Just don't come home with a TV!" He knows what it means...

But sometimes I forget, and he comes home with ridiculous stuff. Some of it's super nice though, so I can't complain too much.

This weekend he came home with this:



Do you think he's trying to tell me something???

Ok, yeah, he is.

I guess he kind of has a point.



And after nearly 7 years of marriage he really does know what I like.

Check out this crock pot book!!!

Omg... you will be seeing some fun recipes from it for sure!

And the Eat This, Not That book is pretty cool too since we're both trying to cut back a bit.



Sometimes he buys stuff we need, but then he goes overboard and gets like a year's supply.

Like these Ziplocks for example.

Sigh.



And sometimes what he buys just leaves a big ol' question mark over my head.

Huh???

He didn't get it for me, because I'm totally NOT a scrapbooker.

He explained that he was getting tired of cutting all the girl's professional photos.

We've had the girls pictures taken twice....

But apparently we need a cutter just for that purpose.



I did tell him we needed taco seasoning, but one container lasts us for about 6 months... so no clue why he bought two.

Plus all that pepper and salt...

We'll use it, eventually.

I'm just not sure where I'm going to put it all until then.



I don't want to sound ungrateful. I really do appreciate the fact that he makes these Costco runs, AND does the majority of our grocery shopping to boot! But every once in a while... he brings home so much stuff it's crazy. It's like he's got two devils sitting on his shoulders saying, "Just get it! You'll use it!" And he's missing the angel that says, "Wait a minute, are you sure we NEED it?" Apparently that angel is me, and I'm at home watching the girls. lol

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love Costo, but with just the two of us, I never go there!

Brooke said...

lol @ the big screen. i told my hubs that when he sold 12 cabins in two months he could get one - that's an impossible feat! :)

Helene said...

I had no idea you could buy the big taco seasonings there!!! I'll have to pick one up next time I'm there!

My husband is the same way when we go to Costco...he drools as we pass the tv's and computers. And he'll say "oh, look at the price...you can't beat that!" and I practically have to drag him away from there like a child in a candy store.

Kelly Chandler ~ Chandler Photography said...

Haha! Your husband sounds like me! You can put a chalkboard wall anywhere! My husbands aunt has hers as her backsplash in the kitchen behind her sink! Keep watching to see how mine turns out! I hope it's not a disaster!

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

wow - looks like he got some good stuff! I'm totally envious of your Costco membership, maybe one of these days I'll get my own!

Becca said...

This post reminded me of the time my cousin sent her husband to the store for mayonnaise. I guess he really doesn't like to shop because he came home with the biggest thing of mayonnaise I have ever seen. He said he did it so she wouldn't ask him again...hmmm

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin