For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Weekly Meal Plan 3/29/09

I didn't share my plan last week, and I guess that's a good thing because we ate so much leftovers last week that I didn't end up cooking as much as I thought I would. So my plan this week is pretty much based on the foods I didn't get the chance to cook last week. Great for my grocery bill that's for sure!

Again, I don't assign meals to days, I pretty much just decide that morning what I'm going to make out of the following options:

Zuppa Toscana Soup & Irish Soda Bread - I froze my leftover bread from St. Patty's day, so I figure we'll pull that out and use it. The soup is just like the one served at Olive Garden, you should really make some.

Burritos - I'll make mine with seasoned ground beef. Serve it up with tomatoes, cilantro, green onions and sour cream. This is Hubs' favorite, he's been asking for it for a while so here it is!

Chicken Pie with Cornmeal Crust - Great gluten-free recipe! Found it on parenting.com. I'll share it here if it turns out good.

Ranch Chicken with Potato Salad & Green Beans - This will be next week's Mystery Spice recipe, so stay tuned!

Chicken with Asian Marinade with Rice & Salad - I plan to make a huge batch of this chicken and marinade for my freezer.

So that's 5 meals. Generally that's all I need for a week because depending on how much leftovers we have we'll need a couple days of unscheduled meals to eat what I make. And if it's so good that we scarf it all down and don't eat leftovers? Well, that's unlikely, but there's always take out for those rare occasions. :)

8 comments:

Dee said...

my favorite is the zuppa toscana......I had the recipe and misplaced it somewhere.

STAY AT HOME MOMMY FROM MAINE said...

Love the meal choices!! My week always goes much smoother when I'm not looking at the fridge at 5 wondering what to cook :)

Helene said...

Your menu for the week sounds yummy!!! I can't wait to read the recipe for ranch chicken! It sounds good!

I just picked up some turkey cutlets and some country style pork ribs and I have no clue what to do with either of them. Any ideas? Oh I did notice your recipe post below so I may check that out for the turkey!

Stacy said...

Ooooo, yum! It all sounds delicious!

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

that is SUCH a good idea, to only plan 5 because of leftovers!!!

Brooke said...

do you have a good soda bread recipe?

ForestGreen said...

Hey Amy, I'm looking forward to the Ranch Chicken recipe.. Thanks for posting your menu! I got lots of ideas from your plan.

Peggy said...

Very yummy!
I have often thought of not assigning days. I end up moving everything around any how..

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin