For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Friday, January 16, 2009

I feel a change a' comin'!

Two days ago my sweet little Ziva woke up from her nap SCREAMING! I thought it was because she got her leg stuck between the crib rails, she's done that several times before. So I rushed upstairs as fast as I could, she really sounded like she was in a frenzied state of panic! Poor baby...

When I got into the room I could not believe my eyes!

My sweet little baby was straddling the front rail of the crib!!!

My heart leapt to my throat as I rushed to her aid!

Luckily she when she got up to the top she scared herself and started screaming, otherwise she probably would have fallen and hurt herself!

She's always been the adventurous/active one so I knew she'd be the first to try something like this. And I've heard many many stories of crib escapades, so I wasn't overly shocked, I was expecting it. I just had no idea when it would happen.

Since then she hasn't tried it again. But I know it's only a matter of time until she forgets how scared she was and goes for another attempt.

This morning when I went to wake her up she immediately stood up in her crib and flung her leg up to the top of the rail like she was just going to come out and get me! So I'm sure it'll happen again...

Unless...

We take the rails off the crib and turn them into toddler beds. ACK!!!! Talk about terrifying!!!

But it's gonna happen sometime, and I would rather do it sooner than later if later means having her take a really bad fall.

Of course in order to make this happen we have some major baby-proofing to do in their room. They don't know how to open doors, so we don't have to worry about that... yet... But they have this big bureau in their room that needs to be secured to the wall, and perhaps a lock for the sliding closet door. They do make such things don't they? I'm sure they do! Right? lol

So part of the reason I'm saying this and putting this out there is because if I write about it, then it gives me more motivation to make it happen. And maybe I'll get out this weekend and buy the supplies we need, and then convince my hubby to install everything for me. :)

One of my goals for the next 6 months is to get the entire house baby-proofed. Right now the girls spend the majority of their time in the living room which is gated off from the rest of the house and is perfectly 'proofed. But my kitchen, dining room, stairs, etc, still need to be done. See? Write it and it happens! Hopefully...

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin