For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Alone Time

Sometimes... ok... maybe OFTEN... Momma NEEDS a break!

And thank goodness for sympathetic Hubby, because I get plenty of breaks. Often at his suggestion. Because sometimes Momma doesn't know she needs a break until Hubby suggests it. And usually when it gets to that point, it isn't pretty!

Take last night for example.

I was rushing around like a mad woman yesterday afternoon because I felt this sudden urge to make my home sanitary. It happens sometimes. So I was doing laundry, vacuuming the upstairs, cleaning bathrooms, etc. etc. etc.

And then Hubby wakes up, looks at me, and says, "I think maybe you need to get out and do something!" I think he reads my cleaning frenzies as signs of restlessness, and I think he might be onto something. :)

I had responded as a "maybe" for a local Mom's MeetUp event that evening, so I quickly hopped on and responded "yes" and continued to rush around making sure everything would be ready for my departure.

So last night, I met 6 other mom's at the mall for... as Scavenger Hunt! I haven't done one of those things in YEARS! We searched for candybar wrappers, and receipts, and plastic bags, and napkins w/ logos, it was great fun! And afterwords we had ice cream and chit chat.

It was a MUCH needed break!

So any of you mom's out there need to get out and meet new people? Check out meetup.com! It's a great way to get out and do things that you're interested in and possibly make some new friends in the process. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin