For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Yet Another Busy Day

This has been a pretty emotional week for me. There are a couple really huge things going on in my life, things I'm not at liberty to share yet, but in the context of this post it's important to note that I've been stressed and more emotional than usual.

Today didn't start out great. I accidently shut the door when little Ziva had her finger poked inside where it hinges together. So she was screaming, and I was crying because HOW COULD I DO SUCH A THING TO MY KID?!? I know it's just life, and that's how it goes sometimes, but it pretty much left both of us a blubbering mess. Ziva is ok. Really she is. We ran her finger under cold water, and she's able to move it just fine. It's a little swollen, so we'll keep an eye on it, but I think she's really ok. Thank God! I had visions of us running to the ER and getting her finger into a little tiny finger cast or something. But I don't think that's going to happen.

But then things started looking up! My Mom and Dad came over and my Mom and I went to the nursery to pick up my new garden beds while my Dad and the girls napped. I'm really excited about my new garden beds! But dang was getting them stressful for some reason! We couldn't find anyone in the store to help us, and those we did find had no clue why I would ever want to buy such a thing. You'd think they'd want to cash in on such a big sale... but one guy kept trying to convince me I should just use lumber. Sigh. I was beginning to question it myself, until the kindest guy at the store helped us load everything into our truck. He said, "I got these exact ones last year and I LOVE them! So glad I upgraded from wooden beds!" Made me feel a ton better let me tell ya! So to that nice guy at the Nursery, thank you so much! We still had to run to the store's other location after that in order to pick up enough kits to make what I need, but it was a nice time with my Mom, and in the end I got what I wanted. WHEW!

So now I'm home, making something yummy which will be featured here on Mystery Spice Monday! So stay tuned and think about what you might like to share with the rest of the class (and Mr. Linky). :)

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm sorry about Ziva's finger! I'm sure that was scary for both of you.

Annie*s Granny said...

Tho$e are beautiful bed$! How many did you get? ;-)

I hope your stressful time is short-lived, and that little Ziva's finger is OK. I slammed my baby girl's finger in the car door once, and the door locked. I had to find the keys to get the door open, I was frantic! Turned out she somehow managed to get it caught in the groove where the door seal was and it was barely bruised. But I still felt awful, just as I know you feel.

SouthernDogwoods said...

I, too, have these things that stress me out and really piss me off that I can not really blog about and that sucks that I can not get it out. But oh well, I have learned to keep my head and life is too short so I am not going to let this bother me anymore. (We may have totally different issues but hopfully this helps!)
Sorry to hear about Ziva's finger - so glad she is okay. Keep your head and things will turn around for you!!!!

Stacy said...

Sorry about Ziva. The stories I could tell about our bumps and scrapes! I've had my share of those moments where I thought, how could I let that happen?

Glad the day got better for you.

Amy said...

Annie's Granny~ I got 4 4x8 beds. I think that should be plenty, and hopefully will last for as long as we live in this house. :P

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin