For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Friday the 13th!

Some of you might find this unusual, but I believe Friday the 13th is a super romantic day. Why? Because my parents met on a blind date on Friday the 13th. So every time one would come along my parents would always celebrate it like it was their anniversary. Last week my mom informed me that they would not be able to babysit for us this Friday because she and my dad were going out. Hee hee! So sweet! If you're reading this Mom, have a good time and don't do anything I wouldn't do!

Yes, my Mom reads my blog sometimes. :)

Makes me extra careful about what I say. :P

Nah, not really. I can't think of much that I would say that she doesn't already know about me. :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You may have noticed my new blog design. I've been playing around with it, trying to figure out if I like it or not. I'm thinking about changing the font colors, but since I'm totally not visual I have a hard time imagining what colors might be better. If you have any ideas let me know! Also, are those side flower thingies annoying? Be honest! I have no idea how to remove them without changing the entire design. I know nothing about html, and I have no desire to learn. But I do know how to copy/paste... and that's about all I know!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made these marvelous V-day cookies last night! They're cake mix cookies made from a red velvet cake mix, and then you just whip up a cream cheese frosting for the middle and wham! You've got a really pretty (and tasty!) Valentine's Day treat. Your Honey will be so impressed if you make these! Head on over to Bakerella for the recipe and pictures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what are our Valentine's Day plans? Well, we don't really believe that it's a real holiday, but hey, it's an excuse to eat sweets and have a nice dinner out, so that's exactly what we're doing. I won't mention where we're going though... cause it's a surprise! Hee hee, I love surprises! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update on the garden: I'm still working on my design on graph paper. We still haven't decided if we're going to order those raised bed kits or not. Hubs works 12 hour shifts on Wed. & Thurs. so I don't get much chance to talk to him on those days, so my guess is that we'll make a decision about them this weekend. I haven't started any seeds yet, although I think I've purchased all the seeds that I'll need this year! I just love the seeds display at Home Depot, I could stand in front of it for hours saying, "Ooooh! Look at that! Do you think that would actually grow in our climate?" Reading the backs of the packets and making calculations about when it should be planted. I never knew growing things could be so exciting! I grew up following my mom and grandma around the garden while they discussed boring plants. I could never understand why they thought it was so interesting... they would talk for HOURS! And even take notes! And I always hated working in the yard when I was a kid. I'd volunteer to clean toilets if it meant I didn't have to go outside. So this is a total departure for me, and I'm lovin' it!

5 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

That is SO cute about your parents! :)

JulieD&TraviD said...

I love gardening! Last yr we put in one raised bed box, had to fill it w/ soil bcs here in the high desert our soil is not very nutrious! So...it went really great I had tons of vegis on my plants... than WHAMO! frost hit... I lost everything just before it would have been completed. Im talking max two weeks and I would have a freezer full. Oh well I think I might try again this yr...

Cheryl Lage said...

Awwww, I hope your folks have a romantic night on their anniversary...especially since it segues right into Valentine's Day!

No big plans here...but hope all our days are LOVE-filled! :)

Veronica Lee said...

Hi Amy! Happy Valentine's Day!

Becca said...

It's nice to know someone else's mom reads their blog. My friends can't even believe my mom knows what a blog is! But hers is even way better than mine!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin