For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Life is Just a Hill of Beans

After 2 days of canning beans I think I'm finally done. At least with the current crop. There's still more out there that I haven't picked yet. I've made a dozen pint jars of pressure canned green and wax beans and 10 pint jars of dilled beans. And I'm already starting to formulate plans to make some blueberry butter & syrup. I found a recipe where you use the same batch of berries to make both things. And Hubs LOVES blueberry syrup!

But I might just make a blueberry pie instead. Or crisp, or...

Anyway, I'm beat. So my plan for today is to do absolutely nothing. I haven't even taken pictures of my canned bean accomplishment, but I'm sure you can picture those lovely jars of preserved garden goodness just fine.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

my vote is for cobbler - my mom gave me the easiest recipe (i actually blogged about it today)

monica said...

Yes cobbler would be so delicious warmed with some ice cream!! Yum Yum!! I am glad that you got most of your canning done and things are calming down?

David said...

I just cracked open a jar of spicy dill beans (dill, garlic, half a jalapeƱo) that my friend Hillary and I canned last summer. Man, they're tasty! I really hope I am able to can some more this season. I think I might miss my opportunity, though, 'cause I won't be around when they're ready to go. We'll see, though. Maybe some of mine will be just getting ready when I get back from my trip--they're nowhere near ready as of now. I hope yours turn out wonderfully as well!

SouthernDogwoods said...

You go girl! I made 11 jars of Strawberry Fig Preserves yesterday and put 3 qts. of banana peppers & jalapenos in the freezer.
Yummy - blueberries. We have blackberries and I love them. Cobblers are fantastic but so are pies.

Marj said...

MMMMMMMMMM. One year I did up 8o "quarts" of green beans. They tasted so good for a couple years, plus, lots to share.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin