For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Things I Love Thursday: Rhode's Frozen Bread Dough



If you're visiting from TILT be sure to enter my contest for a hand painted step stool! Click the link above! :)

I never even knew that frozen bread dough existed until just a couple weeks ago. I know, I must live under a rock or something... Anyway, I've recently developed a HUGE love for it because I LOVE homemade bread! And although making bread really isn't all that difficult, it's just not something I'm usually able to squeeze into my routine. I'd love to be one of those mom's who makes homemade bread every week, but I'm not.

Yet it drives me CRAZY to buy bread when I know I could make it myself. $3.85+ for one loaf of bread?? It just seems like a lot when I know the ingredients would cost half that much (or less).

Enter Rhode's Frozen Bread Dough! For the same cost as ONE loaf of bread you can buy THREE loaves of Rhode's. Plus all you have to do is let it defrost, toss it in the oven, and Voila! Homemade bread!

It's a little hard to find at the store, almost every grocery store has it but it's usually tucked away amongst the boxes of Texas Toast and dinner rolls and you really have to look for it. The packaging doesn't exactly scream at you. Whenever I buy it I usually spend a few minutes standing in front of the case with it right under my nose. But the hunt is worth it! The store I usually go to only carries the white or wheat versions, but according to their website it also comes in sweet bread and pizza dough. I often use their regular bread dough as pizza crust and it works splendidly. Love making my own homemade pizza and calzones! Cheaper, fresher, can be creative about toppings, plus it's a whole heck of a lot tastier!

For more products to love visit The Diaper Diaries! She's also having a giveaway today! Sweet!

1 comment:

Frugal Sara said...

Ahhhh! I love Rhodes too! I used to use it all the time. Another thing to try is let it thaw, roll it out, then spread butter all over it and sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar. Roll it up like a jelly roll and pinch the ends. I put mine into a streusel pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour or so and it makes a wonderful cinnamon loaf!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin