For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Monday, April 13, 2009

This Week's Meal Plan

Just in case anyone cares. :P

Again, no assigned meals to days... that's just too much organization and restriction for me.

Wontons with fried rice & steamed veggies - This is all thanks to Lisa from Crazy Adventures in Parenting. She rocks!

Lemon Chicken & artichokes with dill sauce - I found fresh artichokes on sale at Grocery Outlet for $1.50 per box! I just couldn't pass that up. After a little searching I found this recipe and it sounds delish! I'm planning to alter it and use boneless/skinless chicken breasts instead of a whole roasted chicken.

Homemade Spaghetti sauce with turkey meatballs & chicken nuggets - I discovered that the homemade chicken nuggets I make are wonderful when cooked in spaghetti sauce. Kinda like a chicken parm, except in nugget bites. My stash of homemade sauce is gettin' kinda low, which is why I'm planning to make more this week.

Greek Chicken Pita's with tomato cucumber salad - I have some feta hanging around that must be used. Oh darn! I guess I'll just have to make some pitas.

Grilled chicken w/ homemade mac & cheese from the freezer & fresh green beans - I need at least 1 easy meal a week. And that mac & cheese is calling my name.

Ham & bean soup w/ Irish Soda bread - A combo of foods I cooked in January & March that I'd like to clear out of my freezer.

3 comments:

Annie*s Granny said...

Is it odd that I'm 70-years-old and have never eaten an artichoke? But I'm going to make a batch of your chicken nuggets tomorrow night, maybe spritz them with a bit of olive oil before baking them, I think that would help with the browning. Leftover pot roast tonight that has to be used up...I'd like a beef pot pie, but Mr. H is craving hash.

Dee said...

your meals sound great!

I need to plan out some meals as well.

Rita T. said...

I never heard of using chicken nuggets in spaghetti. Interesting.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin