For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Scattered Thoughts

My parents are at GardenPalooza today. I had planned to go with them, been looking forward to it for weeks. But although the sun is shinning with neary a cloud in the sky, the first real spring day we've had this year, I've decided against the idea due to recent events in our household. So instead Mom calls me every 20 minutes or so saying, "So what color hellebores do you want?" "And how many lavender plants do you need?" "How about some herbs? They have tarragon." So I've been placing my orders with her and trusting that she'll pick the perfect plants for my yard... and wishing so much I could be with her picking them out myself. Oh well, such is life I guess.

We're talking about buying a new vacuum cleaner. Hubs inspected ours last night and has figured out what's wrong with it. He doesn't want to spend money on fixing something that's several years old... I personally would rather spring for repairs than buy a new one... but whatever. I don't care enough about it to argue over it. And I won't complain about a new vacuum. Apparently there's a sale today at Sears, so I might be headed that direction this afternoon. I'd kinda rather stay home and clean... but I need a vacuum... etc. etc...

I haven't cooked all week, for obvious reasons. I'm gonna try to make ranch chicken tomorrow so I'll have something to share for Mystery Spice Monday... At this point that really sounds like a lot of work, so no promises. lol

Speaking of a lot of work, I've been asked to bring desert for Easter. So I've decided to try my hand at cake pops! Specifically the ridiculously cute chick pops. I LOVE Bakerella! She rocks! Along with the pops, just in case people think they're too cute to eat, I've decided to make her super simple sandwich cookies. I made them for Valentine's Day and they were really good. I'm thinkin' for Easter I'll change it up a bit and make them with carrot cake mix instead of red velvet. Plus, that way I'll have something edible to bring in case I make a total mess of the cake pops. I haven't done any real cake/cookie decorating since I was a kid... so wish me luck!

And to totally change the topic yet again... Anyone know of a good place to order a dirt delivery in Clark County? I've been looking up places online but haven't come up with anything promising yet. I'm thinking ahead to when my garden beds get assembled... I'm hoping really soon. If anyone knows who I should call PLEASE clue me in! :)

Health Report: The girls are doing MUCH better! Last night I started to feel ravenously hungry, so I went out and got some Thai Pineapple Fried Rice and Chicken Satay. Oh lordy it was good! The girls ate quite a bit too. After dinner I gave them both a bath, and once they were snug in their jammies they got off the couches and started chasing each other and laughing... just like ol' times! Yay! Their laughter was music that hasn't been heard in this house since last Sunday, so it was a very welcome sound!

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm glad the girls are doing better! And I need to subscribe to Bakerella. I don't know why I haven't yet.

Stacy said...

I'm glad you guys are feeling better. It is horrible when everyone is sick at the same time.

Laura said...

Soil! you want soil dirt is under your couch. :)
Call your local cooperative extension office

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin