For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

5/15/07

We had a bit of a scare yesterday. I went in for my regularly scheduled NST (non-stress test) and the nurse had a hard time finding Baby A's heartbeat. So they did a quickie ultrasound and found her all scrunched up down in the bottom of my uterus and Baby B was taking up all the rest of the space. But they did find Baby A's heartbeat and measured her amniotic fluid and her umbilical cord blood flow. They thought her blood flow was too high and her fluid was too low, so they sent me over to maternal fetal medicine that afternoon for a full growth scan. They also let me know that they would contact the Dr. on call and let her know what's going on and warn her that I might need an emergency c-section that day. Yikes!!! So I called my dad first because he's retired and I knew he'd be available to at least come and hang out with me until my appt. And then I got ahold of DJ and his boss let him get out of work so he came too. So the three of us went out to lunch to kill time before my appointment.

At maternal fetal medicine they did the full growth scan. There's actually some good news, Baby A is now in the 32nd percentile (she was in the 28th percentile 3 weeks ago) and according to their machines her fluid was just fine. Her umbilical cord flow rate is higher than they'd like to see, but not dangerous at this point. They are now both transverse, Baby B is at the top of my uterus and Baby A is at the bottom. They did think Baby A was in a tough position, but they didn't seem to think it was anything to be worried about. So no c-section for me yet. YAY! I was so worried they'd send me directly to the OR. I know it wouldn't be the end of the world to have them at this point, but it's certainly not ideal either. So we'll see what they say at my next appointment on Thursday. In the meantime DJ says my assignment for today is to pack a hospital bag.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin