For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Things I Can Do, Things I Can't

Things I Can Do:

Make Pickles

Care for a Garden

Read an occasional book

Play Sims 3

Raise adorable twin 2 year old girls

Bake a semi-healthy treat once a week

Make dinner 5 times a week

Clean the house once a week

Give the dogs some attention, once a day

Plan a Book discussion group, first meeting this Saturday (HURRAY!!)

Take above mentioned toddlers to the grocery store when in dire need for ingredients or diapers or canning jars

Check Facebook twice a day

Maintain a healthy marriage (so sorry you're hitting the low end of the priority list lately honey!)

Things I Apparently Can't Do:

Do all of the above plus make recipes, take pictures of them, edit pictures, post pictures, and give step by step directions of how to make the recipe.


Sorry about that!

But never fear! I'm currently making a batch of bread & butter pickles, taking pictures, and hopefully I'll post up the recipe on Monday! That's right folks, my first Mystery Spice Monday since oh... June? But who's counting, right?

Once the garden dies and I get out of rehab for my Sims 3 addiction I'm sure I'll get back to my regular blogging schedule.

3 comments:

monica said...

Yes the computer can get addicting!! You are doing a great job! Can't wait to see your mystery spice on monday. I would participate but I am not going to be cooking this weekend. Maybe I will do something tonight and then play along!

Brooke said...

cooking seems so much more complicated if you have to break it out step by step - no wonder you haven't had a chance to!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sounds like you are doing a good job balancing all the things you need to do in your life. Just keep remembering your girls are growing up, so try to enjoy as much as you can with them each day.
I made a LOT of pickles last year, and can't wait to see your pictures and recipes. Maybe I will be able to cook something to post on Monday, for MSM this weekend, too.
Peace, Stephanie

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin