For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

14 Months Old!

The girls are 14 months old today, time flies when your having fun! They’re at such a fun age right now and I’m really enjoying them a lot. They’re very smiley and fun. Most of the day is spent playing and laughing.

Ziva is now walking! She’s been walking pretty well for the past week and at this point walks more than she crawls. She’s also learned how to clap her hands which is very cute! Anya is still watching Ziva walk around and hasn’t decided to give it a try yet. She’s also working on clapping, whenever people clap she waves her arms in the air!

They’re both doing great with eating table foods. They’ll clear their trays in 15 minutes and Ziva will start taking her bib off when she’s done.

We hosted a really fun BBQ with some old friends from Portland Christian HS. We had a great time eating junk food and shootin’ the breeze. If you’re interested in coming to our next shindig you are more than welcome!

We had a garage sale and sold a lot of the girl’s old baby things. Most of the big ticket items sold, but we still have a LOT of baby clothes left. So if you know anyone in the area who needs some pink clothes have them contact me!

DJ and I are still pushing ahead with our weight loss! DJ’s about 4 lbs. from his goal weight, and I’m officially back to my pre-pregnancy weight! I’ve lost a grand total of 25 lbs! I’m still pushing on though, I’d like to lose another 20 and get back to when I felt the healthiest. But it’s been really nice to be thinner. I went shopping the other day and I was able to fit into some pants that I realized were the same size I used to wear. Such a good feeling! So now my next task is to go through my old clothes and find out what fits now and what doesn’t… and what is so out of date that I need to get rid of!

I just finished cleaning out our pantry and making a huge food donation to our church’s food cupboard. So our kitchen is all cleaned out and somewhat organized now. Then I’ll move on to my closet, and then the den… The den is horrible and DJ keeps harping on me to clean it out. Collecting papers is my weakness… I swear they follow me wherever I go. Right now I’m surrounded by piles of mail that I haven’t gone through and stacks of bills that I’ve already paid… I desperately need a system. I may resort to hiring someone to help me because my ADD riddled brain just can’t handle it. I hate doing that because I feel like I SHOULD be able to do it myself, but years pass and nothing changes so maybe it’s time to call for backup.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin