For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Pregnancy Journal 2/6/07

This week has been crazy.

Last Sunday morning I started to come down with stomach flu, apparently it's really been going around. And by Tuesday night I woke up at 2am with vomiting and diarrhea. Called my Dr. Wednesday morning and she wanted me to go to the ER because she was concerned about dehydration. So I went w/ DJ and they gave me an IV and some Zofran. They also did a quickie ultrasound to check the babies’ heartbeats, and they were VERY active and fine.

Then Thursday I had my regularly scheduled OB appt. and ultrasound. My parents came, which was fun. The babies seemed to be resting with lower heart rates. They moved around a little bit, but not much. I think it was such a different time of day than when I saw them at the ER the previous day that we caught them at their nap time. The tech said that she thought they both looked pretty 'girly' but wasn't completely sure, especially about one of them. So we're kinda thinking one is most likely a girl (I could see the 3 lines on the screen that are usually girl parts so I feel pretty sure about that one), and the other who knows.

Then Friday I was feeling a LOT better so I went and got a haircut. Ended up WAY shorter than I'd like... GRRR!!!! I've always had very long hair, and it was starting to bother me, especially tossing and turning at night. So I wanted to go shorter, but seriously, my hair hasn't been this short since jr. high. At least Locks of Love is going to get a nice donation.

Then this weekend DJ and I went and bought a freezer for the garage. My mom has been pushing me to freeze away meals for after the babies are here. She suggested 60 meals. So I've been doing some research and now I'm actually really excited about the idea. I think it'll be so convenient to just pull dinner out of the freezer instead of trying to figure out what we're gonna eat each night and then making stuff from scratch all while caring for newborns. The freezer should be here in 3 weeks, so that gives me lots of time to try out recipes and decide if we like them enough to make it in bulk.

Then DJ and I both ended up buying shoes. I really needed some shoes I could just slide into without bending over, and DJ needed new casual shoes which isn't easy to find for him because he has triple wide feet. But we were successful and ended up finding shoes we like and that fit.

So after having a few good days I thought maybe my m/s was over... HA HA HA!!! I went out to lunch w/ DJ yesterday at Ruby Tuesdays and ended up throwing up in my soup bowl. I'm still feeling pretty yucky today. So I think it's time to eat a snack and take a nap.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin