For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Our Adventure: Library Story Time

Last week I decided to be brave and go to library story hour. I got there right when it was supposed to start, but there were so many kids there already that they asked me (and a few other moms) to come back for the second session. That should have been my first clue! Apparently there were 35 kids plus parents at that first session (all under the age of 2)! Holy smokes!!! So anyway, I walked around town a bit with the girls in their stroller biding our time before the main event.

I get back to the library and there were 1/2 as many people, thank goodness! The storytime was 20 minutes long, and they gave each child a little boardbook of their own and when it came time all the parents read the story aloud together. Afterwords there were songs and rhymes and counting and alphabet, it was actually pretty neat! But of course the whole time Ziva's traveling around the room as fast as her feet will carry her, pulling stuff out of other mom's purses, taking other kid's binkies away... it was crazy! Anya wandered around too, but she's more reserved and just likes to look at things and maybe poke with her index finger to test stuff out. I ended up trying to keep Ziva on my lap for songs and things because I figured Anya was less likely to get into trouble. At the end the story lady brought out a bubble machine, which totally freaked out Anya and made her cry. :( Ziva on the other hand LOVED it and chased the story lady around trying to pop all the bubbles. I swear these two are as different as night and day!

The lady that sat next to me at story time kept telling me how great of a job I was doing, but I felt like my head was going to spin off from looking at one baby and then the other baby the whole time. I really questioned my sanity afterwords, and I think we'll stick to less structured activities for a while. Next I'm planning to try the local indoor play park. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin