For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Day of Firsts

Yesterday my girls were just blossoming so I thought I'd share.

Ziva rolled over for the first time by herself! I was so shocked, but I guess I shouldn't have been because she's been turning her head and arching her back to reach for her pacifier for the past week. I didn't see her do it, but I went to wake her up from her nap and she was on her belly sleeping! I was so happy and terrified at the same time! All the SIDS info warns about putting your baby on their back to sleep, so I was really worried about how I was going to keep her on her back now. But I called her pediatrician and she said that she might not do it again for some time, and also that there's a train of thought that if she can do it herself then she's probably strong enough to keep herself from sufficating. So I said a little prayer and put it in God's hands. Yikes!

AND... a few hours after that during a feeding, Anya reached out and grabbed Ziva's hand! And she kept staring at Ziva and Ziva's hand and let go and grabbed it again and again! She must have done it 4 or 5 times so I know she was trying to do it and it wasn't just an accident! It was SO sweet! Their first physical interaction! They've been interested in each other before but it only amounted to looking at each other, but now they held hands! It was so precious!

Yesterday just made my heart warm. :) They're growing and changing so fast I can hardly believe it.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin