For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory - honor, splendor and heavenly bliss! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalms 84:11

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Babies & Zuccini

Well time flies when your feeding babies around the clock! Seems like the past 2 or 3 weeks have been an absolute blur.

The girls had their 2 month check up which included their first shots since leaving the hospital. They did ok for the shots, they cried, but that's to be expected. What wasn't expected was we learned that they weren't gaining weight the way they're supposed to. So now instead of just breastfeeding we have to do all this other stuff each feeding. And when I say other stuff I mean I breastfeed, then pump, then fortify the pumped milk with formula, then feed them that via bottle. Oh, and I found out I have a yeast infection in my nipple, so I also have to swab each of their mouths with some medication on a q-tip after each feeding too. So much fun let me tell ya! But the good news is that after one week of doing this they were both back to gaining weight like champs. We have another weight check tomorrow, but I'm sure they'll pass with flying colors. At the last check Anya was up to 8 lbs. 11 oz. and Ziva was up to 6 lbs. 8 oz.

In other news, I'm being bombarded with zuccini! Seems like everyone who comes to my house assumes that I'm in need of some. I realize that this is the NW and that zuccini grows great here, but good grief just because I didn't plant any this year doesn't mean I want to fill my fridge with it anyway! I've already made two loaves of bread and frozen away enough shredded zuccini to make 6 more loaves, but yet the zuccini keep coming. I think I'm going to have to put a sign on my door that says "No more zuccini!" They say if you live in the NW you either give or get zuccini. Maybe I have to plant some next year just to fend off those who like to give it. lol So does anyone have any good recipes for zuccini???

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin